William is 5 years old and has been diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder. He had suffered with sleep issues since being a baby and his Mum had become desperate for help. She attended a sleep workshop that the charity ran. The cost of her attendance was £32.50.
Mum left the workshop feeling empowered to make changes immediately and within one week William’s sleeping had greatly improved. Within two weeks William was sleeping through the night for the first time in his life.
Mum reported the following benefits:
- William was much calmer during the day
- His teaching assistant support at school had been reduced as it was no longer needed as he was able to concentrate more easily
- Mum felt better in herself and noticed an improvement in her physical wellbeing ‘I no longer catch every cold that is doing the rounds’.
- She was also able to stop taking antidepressants, ‘I realised that I wasn’t depressed, I was tired’.
- Parent’s relationship had broken down and dad had left the family home. Once the sleep issues were resolved parents were able to resume their relationship and Dad has moved back home.
- Mum had suffered with headaches and had a scan at the hospital to investigate. Once she felt rested the headaches disappeared.
- Mum had resigned from work, she is now back in the workplace.
Mum reports the following, “I was totally at a loss as to what to do, sleep deprivation had taken over my life. That one workshop helped to get me back on track. I feel so much better, I look so much better and so does William. This was a life saver for us’