As the temperature rises it is important to think about how to keep little ones cool at bedtime so that they can get a good night’s sleep and so can you!
· Consider the bedding that you use, opting for a lightweight option may ensure that youngsters don’t become overheated in the summer months. Choosing naturally breathable materials is important for temperature regulation.
· Once the temperature outside becomes cooler open the windows to allow the air to circulate.
· Use a face cloth to cool your child’s forehead if they are too warm, try using one yourself too if you are struggling to sleep due to heat
· Spray cool water into the air
· Adjust the temperature of your child’s bath or shower to make it cooler than usual
· Make sure your child is well hydrated during the summer months
· If your child has had an active day make sure you build in some wind down time in the run up to bedtime, implementing a relaxing bedtime routine is important to support a good night’s sleep.Back to Blogs